Having problems with your Gateway GT5678 Desktop PC ?
The appearance of my icons changed, they now have a small blue square with two right arrow symbyls in the square.
Instructions\015\012\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Things You'll Need:\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\015\012
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Windows XP\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011
- \015\012Change Default Icons in Windows XP\015\012
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 1\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Start Windows in your normal fashion.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 2\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Click\015\012the Start menu and select the "My Computer" option. Alternately, you\015\012can double-click the "My Computer" desktop icon if you've enabled it to\015\012appear on the desktop.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 3\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Double-click on your hard drive to open the directory.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 4\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Find\015\012the program for which you wish to change the associated icon. You'll\015\012need to know its location on the hard drive. If you don't know where it\015\012is, you can use the Start menu "Search" feature to locate it.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 5\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Right-click on the file, and click the "Properties" menu option. This will open the Properties menu for the file.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 6\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Click\015\012the "Change Icon" button. If there is no "Change Icon" button, you will\015\012need to create a desktop icon instead. To do so, cancel out of the\015\012Properties menu and right-click the file again. This time, select "Send\015\012to -> Desktop (create shortcut)."
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 7\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Click\015\012on one of the icons that appears in the list. If the icon you want\015\012isn't on the list, click the "Browse" button to search for more icons.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 8\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Click "OK" once you've chosen the icon you'd like to use.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 9\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Click "Apply" to confirm your changes, and then click "OK" to close the window.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 10\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Wait\015\012a moment to see the icon change. There are times, like when a lot of\015\012system resources are in use, when icon changes can take a moment to\015\012appear.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Gateway GT5678 Desktop PC
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
The appearance of my icons changed, they now have a small blue square with two right arrow symbyls in the square.
Instructions\015\012\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Things You'll Need:\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\015\012\011\ ... Gateway GT5678 Desktop PC
We have Dell OptiplexGX745 smallform factor desktop computers that we need to run two monitors.
If your Dell Optiplex GX745 came with the ATI Radeon X1300 graphics card, that has One - DVI graphics port, and One - VGA graphics port, it's no problem.This link shows an ATI Radeon X1300, and the two above mentioned graphics ports, ... Intel computers9: P3 Computer Computer (Reconditioned) (CSINTELP3) PC Desktop
How to add second monitor to asus cg5270? - ASUS Eee PC 1000H Laptop
The Asus Essentio CG5270 is a desktop computer, so I see it was placed in the wrong category. No prob!Certain selected models of the Essentio CG5270 come with a graphics card. If you have this graphics card, you can use two monitors at th ... ASUS Eee PC 1000H Laptop
I accedentally knocked the power wires off inside the big box i cant think of the name on my emachine w3507 how do i put back together
Power On switch, (Button), wires from the front panel that go to the motherboard? I could really use the name of the motherboard, to try to get you this information. I don't have an eMachines W3057 sitting in front of me, at the mom ... eMachines W3507 PC Desktop
ASUS P5GD1 motherboard purchased in 2005 - I can't find manual - need to connect a 1TB SATA drive - I have 1 IDE 320 GB drive and a Plextor DVD burner and a LG CD burner connected now - Problem is - can't get SATA drive to show in BIOS, Device Manager or My Computer - I had no problem with it being recognized before I installed the LG CD burner - I can't get both to be recognized at the same time - and can't check to see if I have the connections in the right places on the board because I haven
Be prepared as this is a lengthy solution.I like to give a complete solution, to try to avoid possible errors.As requested here is the Asus P5GD1 motherboard manual, (Users Manual),http://support.asus.com/download/downlo ... PC Desktops
How to change fan in HP DV5220us? - HP Pavilion Dv5220us Notebook
I would like you to go here, to HP.com/Support and the download page for the HP Pavilion dv5220us - Maintenance and Service Guide,http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3184211&lang=en ... HP Pavilion Dv5220us Notebook
Pinout on t6410 gATEWAY CONNECTING POWER BUTTON
I don't see that this problem was solved. Adding additional information.The eMachines T6410 Desktop PC uses an MSI MS-7145 motherboard.(MicroStar International ), ... E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Screens playing up
Let me give you the link to the free download of the Service Manual, for the Compaq Evo n1010v series of Notebook PC's, to start,http:// ... HP Compaq Evo Notebook N1015v (470046-573)
The computer shuts off when the screen is adjusted forward.
This is going to be a little lengthy, and I thought I should advise you in advance.This is the Service manual, for the Sony Vaio VGN-FJ series notebook PC's. (The Vaio VGN-FJ270/B is part of the VGN-FJ series)http://www.tim.id ... Sony VAIO VGN-FJ270/B Notebook
WHERE IS THE MEMORY SLOT FOR A COMPAQ EVO N620C
This is HP.com/Support, and the download page for the Maintenance and Service Guide, for the Compaq Evo n620c,http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&docIndexI ... HP Compaq Evo n620c Notebook
I run Windows XP Professional. Today there showed up a second layer of taskbar. It has ''Desktop'' in light blue, ''My Documents'' ''My computer'' and ''My Network Places'' shown in white with icons. Unable to click on right arrows to hide them. On right under the time is listed the day of week and the numerial month-day-year. Unable to drag these items anywhere or otherwise delete or hide this extra layer of bar. Looked within Task Bar options in ''My Computer'' clicking ''horizontal'' wi
You have only increased your taskbar size, don't worry...\015\012Right-click on an empty part of the taskbar, and ensure the "lock the taskbar" is unchecked.\015\012Next, position your mouse right on the top edge of the taskbar, your mouse shou ... Dell PC Desktops
LG Flatron L1932TQ won't turn on
I have the exact same problem. Just like Ptepe, I also found the 680uf/25v and 1000uf/16v capacitors in positions c203 and c204 on the Power Supply PCB to be bulging on the top. I considered replacing all of the electrolytic capacitors on the board, ... Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
I have a HP tower and compaq monitor, does this affect the speakers on the monitor? Since I changed the towers out the sound hasn't worked
HP and Compaq are actually now one company. So depending on the age of your tower and the age of the monitor they should be compatible.First you should check the small speaker icon located in the task bar in the lower right hand corner of ... HP Compaq WF1907 Monitor
How to remove the case cover of sony pcv-rx470ds desk top
View the back of your Sony Vaio PCV-RX470DS desktop computer.On the upper right corner is a metal pull out tab. Flat thin bar, bent to the right. Pull it out, the side cover opens at the top.Pull the side cover out a few inche ... Sony VAIO PCV-RX470DS PC Desktop
How to take it apart
I believe you need the Maintenance and Service Guide from HP Support.(It's free to download. It's stated as a 'Guide', but it's a Service Manual)The AC adapter and Battery are removed, correct? You are wearing an ESD Wrist device? Y ... HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook
There is a bad connection between the power cord and the port into which it fits. this bad connect has lasted for weeks. i've been able to jiggle the cord and situate it so their is a connection. but, now i have lost the connection entirely and am operating solely on with battery. need help.
The port on the laptop where the AC adapter, (Charger to some), plugs into is the DC Power Jack.(Or DC-in )This is an example of an aftermarket manufacturers offering for a DC Power jack, that fits an Acer Aspire 4520 Series Noteboo ... Acer Aspire 4520-5582 Notebook
I was unable to power up my 8250 and I have oirdered a new power supply. Is this difficult to install and is there a set process to follow?
Not difficult at all.1) Work on a table. Computer unplugged from power, computer case open. TOUCH the metal frame of the computer case. (Not shouting)[Your body carries Static electricity. Static will fry out the hardware comp ... Dell Dimension 8250 PC Desktop
How can I install the wireless network adaptor on my laptop?
Hello,The installation of wireless network adapter on your PC is very easy.I will try to explain how to go about the two parts involved, i.e the hardware installation part and the software i ... Compaq Presario X1000 Notebook
When I'm typing, the cursor moves
To resolve this issue please follow the steps below:- \015\0121) Locate the picture icon called "Synaptics Touchpad" or "Pointing Device" that is located next to the digital time (usually in the bottom right hand side of the ... Toshiba Satellite P105-S9722 Notebook
How do i change the cmos battery a toshiba a215s7422
The Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422, is one of the Toshiba Satellite A200 Series.This is one series of Toshiba's I haven't worked on, so far.The CMOS battery is referred to as an RTC battery.(Real Time Clock)Gen ... PC Desktops
How to change my motherboard battery (how to disassemble the laptop) i need a manual how to disassemble my laptop with pictures if possible.
I scoured the interweb and couldn't find one :( but don't be afraid! You can tackle this without a manual. Here's how I would do it (and I have disassembled MANY laptops)\015\012\015\0121. Unplug and remove battery\015\012\015\0122. ... Toshiba Satellite U300-ST3091 Notebook
Installed a new Optical Drive and require assistance in the wiring
What kind of optical drive? Is this a CD, DVD?, Blue ray,or an opto-ferro-magnetic floppy?Generally:1) External drive: ============ a) just power it up and connect it to the PC using an USB or ... PC Desktops
Compaq presrio c700
Hello,There is one easier answer for Vista, there would be an icon in your system tray next to the clock that is Blue and looks like two triangles one on top of the other, but you may first need to deactivate hide inactive icons in your t ... Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Turn off without warnning.
I believe your first diagnoses was correct, and your second diagnoses is correct also. 1.Laptops have a poor cooling design. For one, all the hardware components are crammed into a small box. Very little room, for the needed airflow to ke ... HP Pavilion DV6500T Notebook
Boot failure at USBd checkpoint
There are 2 steps you can do to fix the problem 1. Change the USB Emulation Setting in the BIOS \015\012NOTE: It is recommended to disconnect any USB devices before performing the following steps. \015\012Restart the ... Dell Dimension 3000® Pentium® 4 2.8GHz, 256MB, 80GB, 48x CD-RW PC Desktop